Friday, April 24, 2015

Bronzer Battle: Benefit Hoola Bronzer VS Too Faced Chocolate Soleil


This post will be my first comparing post. So exciteeed! I'm gonna be talking about the two most talked about bronzers in the industry, the Benefit Hoola bronzer and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer. If you're a hard-core youtube watcher like me, you would have heard about these two bronzers. I will review each bronzer and compare the two, and then you can decide which one worth the money.





Now, the first thing you noticed about this bronzer must be the packaging. Too Faced is always killing it. The packaging is beautiful I cannot stop touching it. And yes guys, the smell! It does smell like chocolate. You may not be able to smell it in store but when you first open it, damn the smell was so strong and it was so good. Now I'm afraid I will lose the smell if I open it too often (unreasonable worry). The Chocolate Soleil is made for medium to deep skin tone, so if you have a light skin or you don't like strong bronzer or contour, I strongly suggest you go with Milk Chocolate Soleil, which come from the same line. I have light skin but I can handle strong bronzing and contouring. This bronzer blends so well on the skin, like I'm not even joking. It is a matte bronzer but I feel like my skin is glowing with this bronzer. Blends out beautifully. Have I said that? 

I wouldn't use this bronzer as a contour powder because it is quite warm, but if you don't feel like contouring but you still want to define those cheekbones naturally, this bronzer is beyond perfect.  





Packaging wise, it's a hit and miss. Some people like it some people don't. I know some people expect more considering the price, but hey, it comes with a brush. A lot of people like the brush because it is like a dupe for NARS oh-so-famous Ita brush. The shape is similar but I'm sorry, I don't like the brush :(. I think the bristles are rough, it doesn't blend the bronzer well, and I'm just not feeling it. Anyway, let's talk about the products. A lot of people use this bronzer for contouring because it has a grey undertone and this bronzer fits all skin colors. It is a matte bronzer and it also blends out beautifully. It is very powdery, so you can get a lot with just a swipe of brush (always tap your brush!). And I just recently hit pan on this one (yaaaaaz!). Beauty addicts are so proud when they hit pan, because it means they actually use the product. When actually it's a bad thing because then we have to buy another one.   



Packaging wise, Too Faced wins. It has a decent mirror and a compact, sturdy packaging with embossing compared to Benefit paper box. It has a mirror, but can barely see your face, and it's unnecessarily very bulky. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil is warmer (more orange) than Benefit Hoola, but I feel like Too Faced is more long lasting than Benefit. Too Faced comes with a box while the Benefit doesn't. The Too Faced one contains 10 gr of product while the Benefit one contains 8 gr of product. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil retails at $42, can be found only in Sephora. Benefit Hoola Bronzer retails for $46 can be found in Sephora, Benefit boutique, and Changi Airport (cheaper in Changi duty free store, $40.70). I love both of them, and I think you will not be disappointed buying either one of them.


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment