Saturday, April 4, 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review


I swear, it's only April, but I can say liquid lipstick is the makeup item of 2015. This NYX matte lip cream has been my favorite for a while now. I started buying them when I saw on Instagram that 'Istanbul' is a good dupe, like totaly similar to Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in 'Lovely'. I was like, bam, I'm sold. And now I have 9 of them. 8 here, because I forgot the other one was in my purse and I only realized it after I finish taking picture. The other one I have is 'Abu Dhabi' by the way, brown nude color. Because I couldn't get my hands on the ABH ones, why not have the cheaper alternatives. They're 12$ each at Sephora and they are incredibly awesome!






These lipsticks are amazing, but they are not so pigmented on the lips you kinda have to build them up and they can look a bit patchy, because sometimes you will find like a lump of products. Like the 'Istanbul' swatch above, it's not so smooth. But doesn't mater, small problem. The lipstick smells good actually, kinda like a vanilla scent, and they last so long. The problem I have with matte lipsticks, it's that they make your lips so dry and they cling to the dry patches, and when you re-apply the product, it's like the worst thing ever. Hot mess. But this one is not. I notice it goes on smoothly even after a re-apply. Another thing to note it takes a while for them to set on your lips, like 2 minutes. They have been favorites of mine, they should be yours too.


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment