Sunday, March 1, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Review


Welcome, welcome, to my favorite, holy grail product for contouring. I have to say Anastasia Beverly Hills never failed to impress me with their products. I have tried a lot of bronzers, high end and drugstore and nothing compared to this. This product is not available in Singapore, however this product is easier to find, because apparently their original contour kit (this one) is a basic product like their brow wiz and pomades. For example, you can find this contour kit on Net-a-porter but it is always sold out, better keep your eyes on them. You can find it at Nordstorm, but bear in mind, the shipping fee is mind blowing. Locally, you can find them at shopping-district.net or find some at Carousell. Anyway, I got mine from a friend who went to US last year. So I got it with a decent price without any shipping fee. So lucky. I know.

This kit is the original kit, but now ABH is adding more color for the kit, so now the original is called light to medium kit. As you can see this kit has 6 different colors, three for highlighting and three for contouring. This kit comes with a magnetic palette and removable pans, so you can always refill it. You can also build your own kit with their contour refill, but that privilege is only available at ABH website.








The first thing I noticed when I got this palette was, this kit is way smaller than what I had in mind. I thought each pan was going to be as big as a regular blush pan. But it is almost like a shadow pan, only bigger.

Vanilla and Banana are matte highlight color while Sand has a shimmer. The Banana shade, if you watch a lot of Youtube, is damn popular and is like the holy grail product for beauty gurus to set their under eye concealer. Me however, don't like it very much. I don't know, it is brightening but I have a lot of fine lines under my eyes and this powder tend to cling on them. I don'y use compact powder to set my under eye, I love my Ben Nye loose powder, works best for me and doesn't settle on my fine lines.

I don't use the highlight shades much but the contour shades, everyday! My favorite is the middle shade, Fawn. For contouring it is best to use a shade with grey / cool undertone like Fawn. Fawn is also the lightest shade and it works for me best because I am very fair. Java also has a cool tone and Havana has a warm undertone, works for people with darker skin tone. The contour powder blended very easily and beautifully. It never looked muddy on me. I also love to use the contour shades to put on my crease to add more definition.

I'm trying to compare this contour kit with other, I have ordered another famous contour kit from Australis cosmetics, AC on Tour kit. We'll see how it goes. And NYX released a new contour kit with 8 shades. But it is pretty pricey and I heard a lot of not-so-good things about it. And Too Faced with their Cocoa Contour kit. It's like everyone is following ABH's footsteps and ABH took it to another level with their contour book. Their contour book is very limited edition, I want it so badly, but let's be honest, I'll never find a way to ship it.


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment