Wednesday, March 4, 2015

MAC Toledo Lipstick and Blush Review



MAC Toledo finally arrived in Singapore!

This time MAC collaborated with Isabel and Ruben Toledo, they're a couple, Isabel is a fashion designer and Ruben is an illustration designer. Very talented couple. I mentioned this collection about three days ago, so you can see the whole collection there

First thing first, I got a blush and two lipsticks. It was easy to decide which color to get. I definitely need Oxblood (33$) . I've seen people going crazy over Oxblood everywhere. The hype was real. The rest of the color was similar shades of red, and Sin, which is a dark purple color. Sin was on the main, permanent collection so I wouldn't bother buying it. So I got Victoriana, a nice vibrant red. It took me a good amount of time in the store debating which blush should I get. The blush is 52$ each so I couldn't get more than one. All three of them are so pretty, I'm not even joking. It was a torture for me to pick only one.  





All the lipsticks have matte finishes. The formulation I would say is no different than the permanent line. The pigmentation is amazing and super matte. The colors are beautiful. No complain at all. The packaging is beautiful! It also has a matte finish. One problem though, because of the matte finish, it would get stained very easily. Especially when we have excess makeup on our fingers. Do I make any sense? This packaging is similar to NARS matte packaging, you can see a well-loved NARS packaging from the makeup stain.



Can we talk about the blush now?




I seriously couldn't stop taking picture of the blush. I've never had a MAC blush before so I can't really compare in term of formulation. I wore this blush today and I have to say I am pretty impressed. It is very long-lasting. The color looked beautiful on my skin. The swatch I have above is a heavy swatch, so you can really see the color. I bought this blush 90% because of the packaging. It's such a bad thing to say, but really, I'm a packaging sucker. Judge me. Actually, Estee Lauder also came up with this ombre blush thing, I saw one on Sephora with the same price. But the fact that this is a limited edition, I'm sold. But thank God, the formulation was not a disappointment. So what are you guys having from this collection?


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment