Tuesday, March 24, 2015

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review


It's finally here! I'm going to talk about my holy grail, all-time-favorite, comfort foundation. This foundation is called sheer glow, but it is not sheer at all! The coverage is pretty decent, medium, buildable to full coverage. Now, when you see reviews online, most of them wouldn't recommend this foundation for oily skin. I have oily skin and I am loving this foundation. I swear by it!





The foundation doesn't come with a pump, you can buy it separately for 10$ (I never did, because I think it's a waste of money and I don't have problem pouring this foundation as it is not so watery). The reason why I have two different colors is because I first bought this foundation when Sephora had a 20% discount, and Ceylan was the lightest color they had at that time. I knew the color wouldn't match my skin but I bought it anyway because it was like now or never. I would never be able to purchase this foundation with full price (72$) so I bought it anyway. I did some reasearch before I bought this, and overall I saw good reviews, and I was so into NARS cosmetics at that time, so I forced myself to buy it. Guilty. 

The next thing I knew, I loved it. The color Ceylan is only slightly darker than my skin (my real NARS foundation shade is Gobi) so I used it anyway. Then I found a good deal online for this foundation in the color Mont Blanc. Mont Blanc is lighter than my skin but I knew it would be a perfect color if I mix it with my Ceylan. So I got Mont Blanc and now I've been mixing those two color together to achieve my perfect color. I mix them together with 1:2, Mont Blanc: Ceylan. 

You can also notice that the square cap can be taken out, leaving only the small cap. It is a perfect option when you are travelling, to save some space. 

Back to the performance, this foundation gives you a dewy finish but not so over-the-top glowing. I do find myself oily through out the day, especially in my T zone. What I do is just blot my face with oil absorbing film and then boom. My makeup will look good as new. The oil film did not take any of my makeup and this foundation could stay on my face for like 12+ hours. Long lasting, nice coverage, nice finish, nice consistency. The price is a bit overwhelming, but let me tell you something. It. is. worth. it. If you want to invest something in makeup, invest in a foundation, and if you ask me, invest in this foundation. End of conversation. This will change your life. I am an extremist for this foundation, so don't say anything bad about this foundation or imma slay you. 
JK.

Have a great week everyone :)


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment