Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review


So this time I'm going to talk about Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. You may have heard of this foundation before, lately I've seen a lot of beauty gurus talking about this in youtube. Now I know this is no new foundation. This foundation has been around for a long time. The reason I got this is because Casey Holmes on youtube said that this is her holy grail foundation and I've read great things about this foundation. I only got to try this foundation last week when I was visiting Sephora ION. I picked up this foundation for 52$ or 56$ (so sorry I forgot! and I used 10% discount from my points) , considering it pretty cheap compared to other high-end like NARS or Makeup For Ever. I got mine in the color Sand. It was the lightest color available in store.


Now, I think the packaging is super nice and luxurious but this packaging has no pump and that is a big problem because this foundation is li.qui.dy. This is foundation is super liquidy, it glides from the bottle so easily. I usually end up with too much foundation on the back of my hand. And I don't think they sell separate pump like Nars, or do they? Estee Lauder, if you're reading this, please.

So, as I said before, this foundation is super liquidy. You know I like to pack on my foundation, I remind you, you cannot pack on your foundation with this one. My first time using it, I use a generous amount on my face (as I usually would with my other foundation) and blend it with beauty blender. While I was doing my brows, I realized I ended up with super caked face. Like super cakey, I had to remove my foundation and start over again. With this foundation, a little does go a long way, so I started over again with a thin layer. A thin layer is enough to cover my acne scars, the redness around my nose, and even some of my dark circles. Needless to say, this foundation is FULL coverage. F.U.L.L. coverage, despite the liquidy texture.

This foundation also set almost matte on my face (I have oily skin). I don't like matte foundation because even though I have oily skin, I love the dewy look, I love the shine, and most of the matte foundations that I've tried tend to catch on my dry patches. But this one, this one is amazing. I don't know about it but I really love the finish it gives. And I realized when I draw my brows (I use Anastasia Brow Wiz), I feel like drawing on paper. Like literally drawing on paper. It dries into your skin so nicely. It is however, not suitable for everday look, because this foundation is on your face. Like people can tell you have foundation on, but in the good way. ;)

And this foundation lasts all day. I did my makeup at 9am and wore it until 7pm and I did not once touch up. Insane. I only blotted once and the makeup did not move a bit. I do feel like this color is a bit dark on my skin. I'll buy another one in lighter color. I hope more people recognize this foundation because this stuff is bomb dot com.


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment