Saturday, February 28, 2015

NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette Review



Today, I'm going to review one of my favorite purchase. This is one of NARS' holiday collection in 2014. I got this last December for 99$ at Sephora ION. Okay, I know the price is jaw-dropping, but when you see it, it has one highlight blush, three blushes, and one bronzer. That bronzer is a full size, and the regular full size bronzer is already 50$++. The rest are like half of the full size and you have four colors. This is the best buy since I couldn't afford to buy five NARS blushes in regular price.

And can we talk about the packaging? Can we talk about it? The front part is like glass with spider web (?) embossing and it is super sturdy, perfect for travelling. It is also very sleek and very NARS-like *squeal. Even though I have no idea why is it called Virtual Domination?








Let's talk about the colors! Laguna bronzer is per. fect. for beginners! I use it to contour all the time. Laguna is not too powdery, it is kinda hard and solid, so you can never put too much on your brush. You can always build the color by layering it. The color is also perfect for fair asian skin because you can apply it sheer, or layer it for more defined look. This bronzer is not orange at all. It has a cool undertone which is great. Definitely my holy grail contour powder!

The other blushes are also great! Like, duh, they're NARS! It's cool that they put Deep Throat in the palette because I have heard a lot about this blush. Deep Throat is kinda shimmery but not too much, and the color is gorgeous. Sex Fantasy is a very soft baby pink color and Final Cut is a matte orangey blush. I'm not a big fan of Miss Liberty though. I'm not hating it, but also not loving it. Too bad they didn't put Orgasm in the palette, otherwise it would be even better. I really hope they will come up with something similar for this year!


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment