Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Marc Jacobs Love Marc Lipsticks Haul


Just a few days ago I was visiting Sephora NEX and I encountered these beautiful babies sold for only 29$! Marc Jacobs lipstick with the price of a MAC? I am soooo in the market! At first I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought they displayed them incorrectly. But the label matched the lipstick name, Love Marc Lip Gel. I asked one of the staff and she just said that they have been reduced from regular price but she didn't know why. Well, hell I knew why. 

I've been following @marcbeauty on instagram for a while now and they are releasing a new range of lipsticks called the #LeMarc. They came up with new shades for #LeMarc but they are not discontinuing the Love Marc shades (which I have now). The Love Marc with will be discontinued but the shades will be reincarnated into the #NewNudes. The #LeMarc will have the black packaging and the #NewNudes will have a new nude packaging, and they said the formula will be different, even though I am already so pleased with the old one. 

PS: I found that Love Marc in other Sephora, in Sephora ION, the price tag is still 42$. I don't know if they forgot to display the new label or is it only happening in Sephora NEX?


Needless to say, I did a pretty big damage to my wallet. I couldn't buy just one, I need at least two, but three is always better. Because it's not everyday you can bring home Marc Jacobs lipsticks with 29$ each, not even with the annual 20% sales. I love nudes. Nude lipsticks all the way. I always wear nudes. Nudes for live. Long live nudes. Amen. I got the shades (second picture from left to right) Strange Magic, Severine, and Role Play. Role Play is my favorite /winks.  



I am a sucker for packaging. The packaging is one of the main reason I bought these lipsticks in the first place. The packaging is so sleek and it comes with a magnetic cap, like the NARS Audacious, which I think makes it even more more more luxurious. 

I am totally in love with the formula. It gives satin finish, very long lasting, and moisturising. I have nothing bad to say about these lipsticks, but the formula is more on the oily moisturising side not so much on the creamy, pigmented side. If you're looking for more pigmented, dramatic lipstick, this may not be the one for you. But I will definitely recommend this for everyday use. 


Ax

2 comments:

  1. Do u know until when the promotion is on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, so sorry I have no idea :( but I think it's still going on now.
      For sure maybe you can call your nearest Sephora
      Ax

      Delete